I want to live in a world where quality health care of all kinds is accessible for everyone! Let’s work for that!
Under our current system, capitalism breeds both very real wealth inequities alongside a broader sense of scarcity and lack of abundance. Equitable exchange is about valuing and respecting everyone’s contributions and work, at the same time as recognizing our own positions of privilege – or lack thereof.
Please consider what you can afford, and consider your relative economic position:
- Are you in Section 8, and/or at risk of becoming homeless?
- Are you a single parent? Are you the main breadwinner for multiple dependents?
- Are you able to work?
- Do you qualify for social security or Medical?
- Are you undocumented?
- Do you have people who are already helping you or who could help you cover your expenses, if needed (e.g. family, partner, friends)?
- Do you have a high school diploma? A college or other advanced degree? Do you have certified trade skills?
- Do you have a job with benefits?
- Do you take trips out of the country?
These questions are meant for your own reflection. I will not ask you to answer these questions or to “prove” anything if/when we talk about rates. Please do ask about sliding scale if you need it!